Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Natural HIGHs

I received an email about Natural Highs yesterday. The author of the email claimed that these will make you feel good, especially the thought at the end. I have appended them here in yellow. My personal comments are in italics. How about asking yourself the same questions and see whether you feel high? HA

1. Being in love.

Yes, being in love is certainly one of the best natural highs. The thoughts of the wonderful time spent together with your beloved......

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

Perhaps but this is very shortlived.

3. A hot shower.

Cannot recall feeling high after a hot shower. Only feel hot!

4. No queues at the supermarket.

Nothing to be high about.

5. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

Yeah, I would enjoy this. I have driven along many pretty roads before. Of course I was not driving in Singapore. I can recall some roads I drove in Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, US and Canada. It would be super high if my beloved is sitting next to me :p

6. Hearing your favourite song on the radio.

I know a lot of songs but cannot pinpoint any favourite song. If it is a nice song, I will enjoy it but it will not be that HIGH.

7. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

It has been a been a long while since I experienced this. If it was raining outside and I had time to lay in bed, I would have fallen asleep. So no time to listen to the rain!

8. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.

Sorry, I don't have a dryer......

9. Chocolate milkshake ... (or vanilla ... or strawberry!)

Gulping a large milkshake and rushing to the loo would be a HIGH! HA. I missed the milkshake at Macdonalds.

10. A bubble bath.

*Shake head*

11. Giggling.

*giggle* *scratch head* How to get high by giggling? Can someone tell me? Even if I thought of something funny, I would just smile to myself.

12. A good conversation.

It depends what the topic is about. But I doubt it will be that high.

13. Finding a £20 note in your coat from last winter.

I won't be high. Amused perhaps.

14. Running through sprinklers.

I must be having HIGH fever to do that. But come to think of it, I have done that before! Only a little high :)

15. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

I do that once in a while, especially when no one visits me at Buangkok.

16. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

It happens quite often, so it is no longer a high....HAHAHA :p

17. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.

Yeah. Nice feeling.

18. Waking up and realising you still have a few hours left to sleep.

This happens every morning, although not a few hours. How to be high?

19. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

It depends. Old friends will have slightly higher feeling.

20. Having someone play with your hair.

Hair already falling off. So stop playing with my hair. HAHAHA

21. Sweet dreams.

Nope, I am afraid to wake up with ants on my head! But if it is really a sweet dream and provided I can remember the dream after I wake up, yeah...high

22. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

I guess just eye contact is not enough. A smiling eye contact will be better.

23. Holding hands with someone you care about.

Yeah. Holding hands will be nice.

24. Running into an old friend and realising that some things (good or bad) never change.

I have two old friends in England and Australia. I hope they are still well. It would be real nice if I could meet up with them again. They took great care of me when I stayed over at their homes.

25. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you.

Yeah, especially if it is a boxing glove springing out to the face. HAHAHA. Yeah, the feeling of receiving a present is nice, and certainly it will be nice to watch the expression on someone's face (like mouth opening wide...)

26. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

Give thanks.

27. Knowing that somebody misses you.

Yes, I know how it is like to miss someone. So knowing someone misses me is a high.

28. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

Certainly!

29. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

Probably.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great sense of humour... now hear mine...

1. Being in love.
Yes, of course! Can do without food and drink, so they say...

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
A good way to release stress.

3. A hot shower.
Well, if I have not bathed for the last 3 days, perhaps I will feel high after the shower... my record so far is 2 1/2 days, so...

4. No queues at the supermarket.
Only if I am in a rush.

5. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
Hmm... I think so, esp if I am in a good mood and with the right people, will feel even higher...

6. Hearing your favourite song on the radio.
Don't know many songs... but there are some that bring back nice memories, then yes, I will feel high...

7. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
Will feel comfy and lazy...

8. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
Nope, don't need hot towels.

9. Chocolate milkshake ... (or vanilla ... or strawberry!)
Not crazy about milkshakes, perhaps a strawberry flavoured one, once in a blue moon... Feel high? Unlikely.

10. A bubble bath.
A waste of water and time. Unless I am out of my mind that day.

11. Giggling.
Perhaps, gals giggle but guys don't. It's fun to share secrets and giggle over them. ;p

12. A good conversation.
Yes! Words are powerful, they can build a person up or tear him/her down. A good, inspirational and encouraging conversation can make me VERY HIGH.

13. Finding a £20 note in your coat from last winter.
Will be surprised, will think of ways to spend it, on an ice-cream perhaps. :)

14. Running through sprinklers.
If I do it with the right people, at the right time and place, may feel really high and crazy, it's like running in the rain...

15. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
There must be a reason for laughing... perhaps only myself know what it is... ya, I enjoy laughing at my own jokes and entertaining myself.

16. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
Of course, lah! But may think it is flattery. Having someone praise me for being smart is better!

17. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
Oh... very nice!

18. Waking up and realising you still have a few hours left to sleep.
Oh, shiok! Back to sleep, only to realise I have over-shot the designated time by at least half an hour!

19. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
It's not about old or new friends. It's the level of understanding, if it's deep, then yes, spending time with them would be a high, most of the time.

20. Having someone play with your hair.
Huh? Hey, not any Tom, Dick or Harry can touch my hair! Only close ones.

21. Sweet dreams.
Oh, of course, but they are shortlived.

22. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
Hmm... may feel good, but not high. Quite wary of strangers.

23. Holding hands with someone you care about.
Definitely, will feel very good.

24. Running into an old friend and realising that some things (good or bad) never change.
May feel good or sad about it, but not high.

25. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you.
Yes, I will be very excited to know if they like the present I have chosen.

26. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
Need to be more grateful, I guess.

27. Knowing that somebody misses you.
If that person is someone special, of course I will feel super high... If it is someone I cannot tahan, and he/she misses me, yucks!

28. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
Yes, hugs are great, they speak a lot... make you feel special and secure.

29. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
Yes.