Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A disgusting shame

I am really getting very tired of this whole NKF saga. I can only say it is a shame, a disgusting shame that the people involved can do such things. When I flipped the newspaper this morning I saw words like "We may not be perfect, but we have struggled to be perfect. It is inevitable that mistakes do occur." As though that was not enough, the patron of NKF, Mrs Goh actually openly supported NKF and its CEO by saying "For a person who runs a million-dollar charitable organisation, $600,000 is peanuts as it has a few hundred millions in reserves." I nearly fainted. It is not how much he gets. It is an issue of where the money came from. I simply cannot believe that Mrs Goh said that. Technically she is right but from all other angles, I am sure no one would be able to accept that kind of blatant remark. I hope the relevant authorities would do the honourable needful and restore the trust of the people.

I drank some starfruit juice to try to cool myself down during lunch, and just downed another pack of green tea. I think I probably need to take a dip in the pool! HA. But I think I will go hang out at my regular coconut tree and gaze out to the sea.

See, I am feeling so much more peaceful now.......

No comments: