Friday, June 03, 2005

Pharmacy

I was planning to go "shopping" for my regular prescription medicines at Guardian. So when lunch time came, I decided to check up the phone number of the usual outlet at Serangoon Gardens. I tried the Internet Yellow Pages, but could not find the number. Then I remembered I was never able to find the number the last time round too. I managed to get their HQ number and called them. A lady at the other end told me "No such outlet!" What? I have been going to that outlet for almost 3 years and she told me no such outlet? After a while she gave me a number to call, which I half suspected is not the right number. True enough, the line was engaged all the time. It was confirmed later the number was for the Sembawang outlet!???????

I decided to just proceed to the Serangoon Gardens outlet. When I stepped into the pharmacy, I saw a sign saying "Pharmacist not on duty!" Aiyoh. I came all the way for nothing. If they had given me the right number to call, I would not have gone all the way there. OK, never mind. I went to the nearby coffee shop for lunch. The fried kway teow uncle took quite long to fry the kway teow, and it wasn't nice at all.

Should I go back to the office, or should I proceed to Hougang? OK. Go. Reached there in a couple of minutes and another sign says "Pharmacist back at 2 pm!" It was only 1.15 pm? Wait? No way. Off I went and zoomed back to office. I went to check the phone numbers again. This time I went for the hard copy yellow pages. The whole list of outlets was there. I copied a few numbers and called the outlet for Toa Payoh Central. "Duuuuuuuu, sorry this number is not in use........!!!!!!" I had to call the HQ again and this time asked them for the Toa Payoh outlet number. I also asked for a website but they told me Guardian has no website. Too bad. I called the number and the lady at the other end said "This is not the pharmacy, you need to call another number........" I finally called the other number and told them which medicine I needed "Sorry, we don't carry this medicine..." I almost fainted.

OK. I know not all Guardian outlets carry the same medicines. That's why I have been going back to the Serangoon Gardens outlet as they have all the medicines I need. I usually go on Saturdays, but I would not be free for the whole day tomorrow. Haiz. Too bad for me. This pharmacy thingy has given me headache every two months when the medicines run out. Guess I never learnt to note down the phone numbers somewhere. I will store them in my handphone right now in case I forget them again.

I was hoping to provide feedback to Guardian electronically but just could not find the right website or email. One day I will fill up the physical feedback form. Enough whining for now.

HA - in case you are wondering why I need to buy medication every two months. It's for my MOM!

1 comment:

crazyjarjar said...

Here are some of the numbers, just in case.....

HQ - 63372766
Toa Payoh - 63525912
Hougang - 62822790
Serangoon Gardens - 62877190