Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Jams

Just read from one of LTA's recent press release that they will implement ERP along the Northbound CTE from 1 Aug 05! Apparently they are going to put up a new ERP gantry between PIE and Braddell Road So now the government also wants to make people pay ERP to go home??????? Yes, it is true that there are always jams along the northbound CTE in the evening, but did anyone really ask why the jams are there? Too many cars? Or something wrong with the road design? Would we solve the problem by plonking an ERP gantry there? Would the jams reduce? Or would it be a case where people look for alternatives for a while and then decided that it is not worth the trouble, and end up paying and jamming up the CTE again? Only time can tell, and you probably won't need too long to find out.

Every morning when I leave home for work, the main road passing my estate is usually jammed. I detour and take another main road, which is also quite jammed. Then I further detour to other smaller roads and sometimes certain roads along the way are jammed as well!
So the only solution is to sell my car and take public transport? But they just increased the bus/MRT fees too! Haiz..... Ooops, don't tell me they are going to plonk an ERP gantry just outside my house?

No comments: