Friday, August 05, 2005

KK here I come!

The day has finally arrived. I would be flying over to Kota Kinabalu later this evening for my Mount KK conquest. Am getting a little excited. Climbing any mountain is like climbing Mount Everest to me. Every mountain conquered is a conquest, no matter how high or difficult. Besides Mount KK is the highest mountain in South East Asia, so that to me is already not too bad an achievement, but HA, let me conquer it first :p

I had this funny dream last night that I was trekking some mountain, and had to bash through jungles and cross raging torrents. Instead of using a rope to help me cross, I was swimming across the level 3 rapids! HA. At some parts the sights were so beautiful and I realised I did not have my camera with me. I had to go back to grab my camera but I never managed to because I woke up! In the dream I was wearing a blue windbreaker, exactly the one I would be wearing for this KK trip, and it was completely waterproof (in the dream, I mean :)) HA, I must be getting very excited.

The plan is for us to relax in the city for 2 days before proceeding to the Park HQ. We would spend the next 2 nights up on the mountain and will likely attempt the summit twice (sounds like Everest conquest eh?). But who knows, we might try the South Peak instead if the first attempt to Low's Peak was successful and the sunrise fantastic :D Weather reports forecast scattered thunderstorms but I hope we will not be at those "scattered" locations. We will pray hard :) We will relax another few days in the city before returning.

I would be away for over a week and am unlikely to update my blog. But I will return with lots of beautiful pictures for sure. So do come and check my pictures out at the end of next week :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip... and yes bring lots of lovely photos to upload on your site!