Thursday, September 22, 2005

What a life.....

Dolphin 1 was *swimming* *jumping* *spiraling* *twisting*, and he remembered his good friend Piggy 2. The last he spoke with Piggy 2 was through his waterproofed satellite phone and the latter was crying his hearts out due to some problems. Dolphin 1 had advised Piggy 2 to look for crazyjarjar to “borrow” a coconut tree to lean and relax. Dolphin 1 wondered if Piggy 2 managed to borrow the coconut tree, and if Piggy 2 is still relaxing at one of the coconut trees!

Dolphin 1 whisked up his waterproofed satellite phone and called Piggy 2, who picked up the phone almost immediately.

Dolphin 1: Hi Piggy 2, how are you?

Piggy 2: I am fine thank you?

Dolphin 1: Alamak, how come we sound so ‘formal” to each other. So you are fine ah. That’s nice to hear. So what have you been doing? Still leaning against a coconut tree?

Piggy 2: As a matter of fact I am leaning against a coconut tree, and relaxing too right now. But of course I have not been leaning here since last month lah. I came over here a few times and found that it was good. Crazyjarjar was kind enough to “lend” me this coconut tree indefinitely, as long as I needed it. Crazyjarjar said he has plenty of coconut trees to spare, so he wouldn’t mind lending me one tree, especially when you Dolphin 1 recommended me to him. So thanx a lot Dolphin 1.

Dolphin 1: Hey, nice to hear that you have been relaxing and have a permanent coconut tree, courtesy of crazyjarjar. Yah, that crazyjarjar is my great friend. He is a nice guy but sometimes a little crazy. So which coconut tree are you at now. Maybe you can give me your exact coordinates and I can use my satellite to look for you

Piggy 2: Wah, you are so advanced. Satellite some more? I am at 1 deg 10 min N 104 deg 30 min E. Look out for that coconut tree which is almost balding and slanting above the beach towards the sea.

Dolphin 1: Good spot leh. Somewhere on the northern coast of Bintan! Hey, you on holiday ah? So envious.

Piggy 2: No need to be envious. You can come visit me if you want. You can swim much faster than me. I am sure you can come over now if you want to.

Dolphin 1: Well, I am not too far away. Just had some tunas and so it might be good exercise for me to go meet you. See you in a short while.

Dolphin 1 swam, and with strong and swift strokes, he soon saw Piggy 2 really relaxing below a slanted coconut tree, with a glass of red wine and some peanuts! HA. Since when have pigs started to drink wine and eat peanuts? But then, since when do Dolphins have satellite phones? :p

Dolphin 1: *Shouting and Waving* Ooooi Piggy 2…….I am here!

Piggy 2: *sipping his wine and crunching a peanut* looked up and saw his good friend Dolphin 1. He was very happy to see Dolphin 1 *snort snort*

Dolphin 1: Hi Piggy 2. Nice to see you again. It has been quite a while. But I am glad to see that you are enjoying life now.

Piggy 2: Thanx to you Dolphin 1, I find time to relax and now I am feeling great. Amidst the hustle and bustle, we must really find time to relax leh.

Dolphin 1: Yeah, you are right. For me, I have lots of opportunities to travel round the whole world. I get enough exercises and can eat all the tuna I want. I also visit many interesting places like Alaska and New Zealand. Fun right?

Piggy 2: Yeah, good for you. Being able to relax here is good enough for me lah.

Dolphin 1: So, if I may ask, how is that problem of yours? Settled already?

Piggy 2: What problem? HA. No lah, there are many ways of handling a problem. It may not be the best way but I think it is appropriate for now. So I have put the matter aside and not let it affect me too much. After all, why do we want to bog ourselves down with so many problems all the time? If we adjust our expectations a little, things may become very different and reach a more acceptable level.

Dolphin 1: You are probably right. So you are putting the problem aside and not solving it directly?

Piggy 2: Could it be that putting a problem aside is actually one way of solving it? Ponder ponder.

Dolphin 1: Hmmm….hey, it is almost dusk. Lets not talk about your problem any more. Can I have a glass of red wine too?

Piggy 2: Sure, *takes wine glass and pour wine for Dolphin 1*. Cheers, and let us sit back, think of nothing except to enjoy the beautiful sunset and the wonderful red wine.

Dolphin 1 & Piggy 2: *sip sip red wine* *relax* *ummmm*......

No comments: